Setup Larix Broadcaster for Android
To begin, please ensure you have met the Pre-Requisites and follow the steps on the Getting Started - Instructors article.
Part 1 - Install an RTMP App
You will need to download an RTMP (Real-Time Messaging Protocol) app.
We recommend Larix Broadcaster: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wmspanel.larix_broadcaster&hl=en_US
Part 2 - Setup the RTMP App
The first time you use the Larix Broadcaster app, you will need to add some settings. This is just for the first time. After that, all you need to do is open the app and start streaming.
- Open Larix Broadcaster app. It will ask you if it can take pictures and record video. Tap Allow.
- Next it will ask if it can record audio. Tap Allow.
- Next it will ask if it can access photos, media, and files. Tap Allow.
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap Connections.
- Tap on New Connection.
- Enter the following settings:
- Name: My Fit Pro
- URL: The RTMP URL provided by your Class Owner (or available here).
- Mode: Audio + Video
- Tap Save.
- From the Settings screen, tap on Video.
- Choose the following:
- Under Start app with, you can choose which camera you want to use by default. Generally, the back side camera is better quality than the front (selfie) camera, but if you are recording from home with nothing to look at you may prefer the front camera. Either option is fine.
- Tap on Video size.
- Select 1280x720. Review this article for how to select a proper Resolution & Bitrate option based upon your specific setup, environment and device.
- Tap on FPS.
- Select 30 fixed rate.
- Tap on Bitrate.
This is where you will tell Larix Broadcaster how high quality the video should be. The upload speed of your internet has an impact on how high your bitrate should be set. The bitrate should be lower than your upload speed so that you don’t have trouble uploading the video.
Review this article for how to select a proper Resolution & Bitrate option based upon your specific setup, environment and device.
- Tap on Mode.
- Select Logarithmic descend.
This setting will allow your Android phone to automatically lower the stream quality to a lower bitrate if it detects that your upload speed has slowed down during your class.
- You can now return to the Larix Broadcaster app.